HCS AMG Super 7
The HCS AMG Super 7 design was developed from the heritage of several proven HO slot car platforms.
- Tomy Super G Plus – Hands down, the SG+ was a ground-breaking design that changed the direction of performance HO slot cars. The SG+ design offered speed through a superior electrical system. The chassis also was able to run nearly all current Tomy bodies of the day as well as certain legacy Aurora Magna-Traction bodies.
- Tomy Turbo and SRT – The Turbo and SRT offered an economical option to the market in its day due to simplistic design that was based around the proven Mabuchi box/can motor assembly.
- Viper V-1 – The Viper V-1 chassis as gained a majority market share in the performance end of the HO slot car market. The V-1 chassis has its heritage in the Tomy Super G Plus but with many design improvements that allows for ‘scalability’ of performance.
The HCS AMG Super 7 has seven major body applications:
- Standard Tomy Style Clip - Many standard 1.5” Tomy, legacy Aurora Magna-Traction, and certain current Auto World X-Traction bodies.
- Low Rider Tomy Style Clip – this clip allows certain bodies as stated above to ride lower on the chassis to produce better handling due to a lower center of gravity and a better appearance.
- Life Like Clip – this 1.5” wheelbase clip allows nearly all Life Like bodies to be utilized.
- Tyco Clip – this allows many legacy Tyco 440x2 1.5” and 1.6” closed wheel bodies to be utilized.
- Legacy Tomy Super G Plus open wheel bodies and current copies thereof.
- A 1.7” wheelbase body clip is under development that would allow for Auto World Super III bodies to work.
- Screw-in Aluminum Lexan Body Posts – Aluminum body posts for Viper, HCS, and BSRT can be screwed into the Super 7 chassis sides to allow for the easy fitment of custom painted lexan bodies.